2D Game Design - Gaming Camp, UK
Design professional level games, graphics and sounds using GameMaker Studio 2 during our gaming summer camp.
✓ 9-17 years
GameMaker Studio 2 Software
USB Drive with all your Games, Files and Assets
You Will Learn:
Game Design Programming and Techniques
Graphic Design for Games
Sound Effect and Backing Track Creation
Need to Know:
1:8 Staff-Student Ratio
All Equipment Provided
4 x 1.5 Hour Sessions/Day
Do you love gaming but have no idea how to make your own? Book onto our 2D Game Design Summer camp and learn how to make games, graphics and sounds from scratch, to create your own games to play at home and with your friends!
Find out how to create the mechanics and structure of your creations using GameMaker Studio 2, then learn how to make your own characters, backgrounds, sound effects and music using digital art and sound creation techniques.
This gaming summer camp is suitable for all ages and levels of experience, with many complex extension activities for older campers.
Campers who have previously completed Level 1 Game Design can progress onto Level 2 and Level 3, to learn more complex techniques including multiplayer games, physics and networking.
- Use drag and drop programming to create custom games
- Complete several projects including maze games, brick breakers and more
- Learn digital art techniques to create professional game graphics
- Create and edit sound effects
- Use multitrack software to compose backing music
- Advanced campers use digital recorders to create and edit Foley effects
- Take all your games with you to continue designing at home
2D Game Design Camp Dates 2019
|Venue||Dates||Residential Option||Base Price||Take Home Equipment|
|Winchester, Sparsholt College||28/29 Jul - 2 Aug||Yes (+£440)||£550||£0||Book|
|Winchester, Sparsholt College||4/5 - 9 Aug||Yes (+£440)||£550||£0||Book|
|Winchester, Sparsholt College||11/12 - 16 Aug||Yes (+£440)||£550||£0||Book|
|Winchester, Sparsholt College||18/19 - 23 Aug||Yes (+£440)||£550||£0||Book|