Cyberspy Academy - Coding Camp
Learn what it takes to protect yourself and others during our coding camp using hardware and software in our digital world!
£540 - £1035
✓ 9-13 years
Electronic Security Devices made during the course
USB Drive with all of your programs and code
Cyberspy Academy certificate
You Will Learn:
Computer science security principles
Constructing and coding electronic security devices
Need to Know:
1:8 Staff-Student Ratio
All Equipment Provided
4 x 1.5 Hour Sessions/Day
Do you have what it takes to graduate the Cyberspy Academy? Protect yourself from outside attackers wanting to gain access to your online identity. By following the principles of 'ethical hacking', learn how to detect and fix security breaches in computer systems. Learn about password strength and cracking, using encryption to send secret messages, and basic website and server security to keep your data intact.
Along the way, you'll also build your own security hardware with alarms to detect motion, vibration and light. Learn how to both build the circuits and electronics, write the code to control them and take them home with you!
At the end of your coding summer camp, compete in teams in a 'Capture the Flag' challenge, used by Universities and digital security groups all over the world. Solve challenges and puzzles to gain the most points for your team. Take home your physical security device kit and your Cyberspy Academy certificate at the end.
- Learn how encryption, hashing and passwords are used in computer security
- Write your own security programs to control access to information
- Construct and code electronic security devices such as laser tripwires and keypad activated alarms
- Explore the security of home computers, servers, networks and email through a series of challenges
- Hide secret information in plain sight using encoding to keep it safe from attackers
- Compete in teams to solve challenges and win the capture the flag challenge at the end of week
- Take home your electronic security device kit and Cyberspy Academy Certificate.
Cyberspy Academy Camp Dates 2019
|Venue||Dates||Residential Option||Base Price||Take Home Equipment|
|Abingdon, St Helen & St Katherine||29 Jul - 2 Aug||No||£550||£45||Book|
|Abingdon, St Helen & St Katherine||5 - 9 Aug||No||£550||£45||Book|
|London, Chelsea Academy||5 - 9 Aug||No||£495||£45||Book|
|London, Chelsea Academy||12 - 16 Aug||No||£495||£45||Book|
|Winchester, Sparsholt College||28/29 Jul - 2 Aug||Yes (+£440)||£550||£45||Book|
|Winchester, Sparsholt College||4/5 - 9 Aug||Yes (+£440)||£550||£45||Book|
|Winchester, Sparsholt College||11/12 - 16 Aug||Yes (+£440)||£550||£45||Book|
|Winchester, Sparsholt College||18/19 - 23 Aug||Yes (+£440)||£550||£45||Book|