Discover 2D computer design and create a variety of laser cut projects.
✓ 9-13 years
All your Laser Cut Projects
USB Drive with your Drawing Files
You Will Learn:
Computer CAD Design Skills
Creating 3D Objects from 2D Designs
How to Choose Materials and Operate a Laser Cutter
Need to Know:
1:8 Staff-Student Ratio
All Equipment Provided
4 x 1.5 hour Sessions/Day
Do you love making things? Want to improve your skills and learn how to design laser cut parts on the computer? Our Laser Maker 2 day Summer camp gives a full overview of designing accurate parts using a computer, and how to use a laser cutter through a range of practical projects.
Learn how different materials behave and how to choose the best one for your design. Follow our laser cutter tutorial projects whilst adding your own personal touches, including 3D slot-together items, foam gliders and laser cut keyrings. The best bit: you get to take home all of your creations at the end of the camp to show your friends!
This camp is also available as part of the 5 day Maker Week camp.
- Learn 2D CAD using TinkerCad, a free online tool designed for schools
- Create a variety of laser cut projects over 2 days
- Learn about different materials for use on a laser cutter and how to choose them
- Cut out and build your designs in the classroom using our compact laser cutters
- Learn individual skills with a series of projects, whilst adding your own design touches
- Take all of your projects and files home at the end!
Camp Dates 2018
|St Helen & St Katherine, Abingdon||23 - 24 Jul||Day||9-13||£230|
|St Helen & St Katherine, Abingdon||30 - 31 Jul||Day||9-13||£230|
|Chelsea Academy, London||6 - 7 Aug||Day||9-13||£220|
|Chelsea Academy, London||13 - 14 Aug||Day||9-13||£220|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||30 - 31 Jul||Part of Maker Week only|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||6 - 7 Aug||Part of Maker Week only|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||13 - 14 Aug||Part of Maker Week only|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||20 - 21 Aug||Part of Maker Week only|