A 1 day introduction to programming using the BBC micro:bit.
✓ 9-13 years
micro:bit Miniature Computer
Kit of Electronic Components
USB Drive with your Programs
You Will Learn:
Core Electronics Skills
Basic Programming Concepts
Applying your Skills to Practical Projects
Need to Know:
1:8 Staff-Student Ratio
All Equipment Provided
4 x 1.5 Hour Sessions
Want to try coding but don't know where to start? Fancy trying a taster camp before a full week? This is the camp is for you!
Learn how to get up and running quickly with the BBC micro:bit miniature computer, with our 1 day crash course on coding. Create a variety of exciting projects using the highly capable built-in features of the micro:bit, then see how to add your own electronic components to make even more complex designs.
Even better, take everything home at the end of the camp, and continue creating using the free online programming software.
This camp is also available as part of the 5 day Maker Week Summer camp.
- Learn how to code using an easy, intuitive drag and drop system
- Gain core skills transferable to other languages and GCSE Computing
- Create programs using the built-in accelerometer, compass and LED screen
- Easily integrate Bluetooth capabilities to use at home
- Add some basic electronic components such as pressure switches and buzzers
- Suitable for complete beginners with extra challenges for advanced campers!
- Take the micro:bit and all the accessories home afterwards to continue your inventions!
Camp Dates 2018
|St Helen & St Katherine, Abingdon||27 Jul||Day||9-13||£134|
|St Helen & St Katherine, Abingdon||3 Aug||Day||9-13||£134|
|Chelsea Academy, London||10 Aug||Day||9-13||£129|
|Chelsea Academy, London||17 Aug||Day||9-13||£129|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||3 Aug||Part of Maker Week only|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||10 Aug||Part of Maker Week only|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||17 Aug||Part of Maker Week only|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||24 Aug||Part of Maker Week only|