Build a Laser Tag system, whilst learning complex soldering and foam modelling techniques.
✓ 9-17 years
2 Custom Laser Taggers
2 Game Control Boxes
USB Drive with Custom Tagger Software
You Will Learn:
Fine Soldering Skills
Computer CAD Design and Practical Foam Sculpting
How to Modify the Tagger Firmware in C++
Need to Know:
1:8 Staff-Student Ratio
All Equipment Provided
4 x 1.5 Hour Sessions/Day
Do you enjoy practical projects but want something more advanced? Build a complete Laser Tag system from scratch with 2 taggers and 2 control boxes, customised taggershapes, professional optics and your own custom firmware for extra gameplay modes!
This is an in depth course on soldering and model making techniques suitable for all ages, with many extension possibilities to continue with at home. After camp you can continue adding accessories and modding the software as far as your imagination takes you.
- Learn how to solder tiny components
- Build circuit board "brains" for 2 taggers
- Design 2 tagger bodies using Inkscape CAD software
- Sculpt and paint your design using specialist modelling foam
- Construct 2 game control boxes to use at home
- 'Hack' the tagger firmware using the Arduino environment
- Finish the week with a massive Laser battle!
Course Dates 2018
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||29/30 Jul - 3 Aug||Residential / Day||9-17||£1025 / £675|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||5/6 - 10 Aug||Residential / Day||9-17||£1025 / £675|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||12/13 - 17 Aug||Residential / Day||9-17||£1025 / £675|
|Sparsholt College, Winchester||19/20 - 24 Aug||Residential / Day||9-17||£1025 / £675|